Green Acres has a vision of Transforming Lives With The Truth Of Jesus. We understand that the mission of the church is life transformation, both through evangelism and discipleship. And no true transformation takes place outside of the Gospel. Therefore, everything that we do as a church will be done through the filter of this vision statement, to ensure that we help people Connect to Jesus, Grow in Jesus, and Multiply for Jesus.
Our most vital task is the mission of evangelism, both in Tyler and around the world. We want GABC to be a church where people can CONNECT TO JESUS, and discover the life changing reality of salvation.
Finding salvation in Jesus is the most important step a person will take in life, but it is only the entry point into a lifetime of spiritual growth. We want GABC to be a place where people can GROW IN JESUS, discovering what it means to live their lives for him.
Jesus left is with the Great Commission, a command to develop disciples all over the world. We want GABC to be a place where people are equipped and encouraged to MULTIPLY FOR JESUS, by evangelizing the lost, discipling believers, planting churches, and living on mission.
On January 19, 2020, Green Acres held a Family Reunion Sunday, where the new vision of Transforming Lives with the Truth of Jesus was presented to the church. You can watch this service here to see GABC's hope for the future of our church.
The following is from the Green Acres Baptist Church Constitution.
- The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man.
- There is one and only one living and true God and He reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Man was created by the special act of God, in His own image. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Only the grace of God can bring man into His holy fellowship and enable man to fulfill the creative purpose of God.
- Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers. This church is an autonomous body, operating through democratic processes under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end.
- It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and of every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to make disciples of all nations.